Orascom Development Holding AG / Key word(s): Miscellaneous/Miscellaneous
Altdorf, April 10, 2018 - As per the provisions of the Settlement Agreement concluded between Orascom Housing Communities (OHC) and NUCA, Orascom Development Egypt (ODE) will establish a new company to be named «Orascom Real Estate» (ORE). ODE will own 70% of ORE's issued capital and the remaining 30% will be owned by Samih Sawiris.
Following its establishment, ORE will enter into a Revenue Share Agreement with NUCA to develop 1,000 feddan (approx. 4.2 million sqm) in West Cairo. As stipulated in the Settlement Agreement, the Revenue Share Agreement should be finalized within a period of one month.
Once the Revenue Share Agreement is final, ODH will update the market with all relevant information.
About Orascom Development Holding (ODH):
Orascom Development Holding (ODH) is a leading developer of fully integrated destinations that include hotels, private villas and apartments, leisure facilities such as golf courses, marinas and supporting infrastructure. Orascom Development's diversified portfolio of destinations is spread over seven jurisdictions (Egypt, UAE, Oman, Switzerland, Morocco, Montenegro and United Kingdom), with primary focus on touristic destinations. The Group currently operates ten destinations; five in Egypt (El Gouna, Taba Heights, Fayoum Makadi, and Harram City), The Cove in the United Arab Emirates, Jebel Sifah and Hawana Salalah in Oman, Luštica Bay in Montenegro and Andermatt in Switzerland. The shares of Orascom Development Holding (ODH) are listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
Disclaimer & Cautionary Statement
The information contained in this e-mail, its attachment and in any link to our website indicated herein is not for use within any country or jurisdiction or by any persons where such use would constitute a violation of law. If this applies to you, you are not authorized to access or use any such information. Certain statements in this e-mail and the attached news release may be forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, statements that are predications of or indicate future events, trends, plans or objectives. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our targeted profit improvement, return on equity targets, expense reductions, pricing conditions, dividend policy and underwriting claims improvements. Undue reliance should not be placed on such statements because, by their nature, they are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties and can be affected by other factors that could cause actual results and Orascom Development Holding's plans and objectives to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements (or from past results). Factors such as (i) general economic conditions and competitive factors, particularly in our key markets; (ii) performance of financial markets; (iii) levels of interest rates and currency exchange rates; and (vii) changes in laws and regulations and in the policies of regulators may have a direct bearing on Orascom Development Holding's results of operations and on whether Orascom Development Holding will achieve its targets. Orascom Development Holding undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any of these forward-looking statements, whether to reflect new information, future events or circumstances or otherwise. It should further be noted, that past performance is not a guide to future performance. Please also note that interim results are not necessarily indicative of the full-year results. Persons requiring advice should consult an independent adviser.
End of ad hoc announcement
|Company:||Orascom Development Holding AG|
|Phone:||+41 41 874 17 17|
|Fax:||+41 41 874 17 07|
|Listed:||SIX Swiss Exchange|
|End of Announcement||EQS Group News Service|